courtesy of fitsugar.com
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup Chobani plain yogurt
1/3 cup canola oil
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups white whole-wheat flour or whole-wheat pastry flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen (not thawed) raspberries
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat 12 large (1/2-cup) muffin cups with cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- Use a vegetable peeler to remove the zest from the lemon in long strips. Combine the zest and sugar in a food processor; pulse until the zest is very finely chopped into the sugar.
- Add yogurt, oil, egg, and vanilla. Pulse until blended.
- Combine whole-wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Add the yogurt mixture and fold until almost blended. Gently fold in raspberries. Divide the batter among the muffin cups.
- Bake the muffins until the edges and tops are golden, 18 to 25 minutes. Let cool in the pan for five minutes before turning out onto a wire rack. Serve warm.
Makes a dozen muffins.