Chicken Soup for the Sunday Funday Soul
1. Finely chop medium onion. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a heavy bottomed stock pot. Add onions and salt. Saute till soft and just starting to brown. While sauteing, chop potatoes, herbs, carrots and celery.
2. Add chopped potatoes to the sauted onions. Fold lightly. Cook potatoes for 3-4 min. Add chopped herbs and stir. Continue to saute until potatoes are slightly softened.
3. Add carrots, celery and peas. Toss and saute for 3-4 min. Add chicken broth to cover vegetables, (2 cartons). Let simmer over medium-low heat.
4. While the vegetables are simmering, start to pull the breast and leg meat off the rotisserie chicken. If using just breast meat, it is possible to supplement with an additional chicken to ensure a proportional rate of vegetables to chicken. It will depend on the size of the chickens and the personal preference. Add chicken to the stock pan.
5. Add baby kale and parmesan. Let simmer on medium low heat for 15-20 min. This step is not entirely necessary if the crowd is demanding. It just allows the flavors to build a bit.
6. Serve with a hearty bread and a glass of your favorite white wine or lager.
And if it’s a Sunday Funday, repeat.
NFL Schedule (so you don’t have to go too far)
One Response to “Chicken Soup for the Sunday Funday Soul”
looks delish! I can’t wait to try it!